Wednesday, August 23, 2006

#53 of the 100 things "my kid will NEVER do"...


I knew so much about motherhood before I actually had a child. One of the things I KNEW was that my kid would NEVER be a thumbsucker. Ha! See this photo? And you know what? I'm actually OK with it. Why? Because he can't lose his thumb in the middle of the night, or while he is in the backseat of the car, or while Mark and I are eating dinner. Will we pay for it later? Maybe. But for now, there's really nothing I can do about it anyways. And besides, it's actually kind of cute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way too cute! Thanks so much for the update on Boo. We continue to pray for him and your dear family. Take care, Kelsey! :)

Anonymous said...

that is one of the most precious photos i have ever seen... ever ever ever ever ever! can't wait to see how you scrap it! i miss you and MJ, my dear friend. i love ya! and am continuing to pray for boo and the whole family! - tam

Anonymous said...

Kels - you should up the number to the 500, or perhaps 1000, things my kid will Never do. Mine continue to surprise me almost daily and the list keeps growing. The thumb, however, is adorable :) Drams

Anonymous said...

Kels, i said the same thing! When i saw Isaiah sucking his thumb in his ultrasound i knew i was up for a big battle. We tried everything to keep him from sucking his thumb but after he started sucking it through those little mittens that you can put on their hands, i gave up. I realized he is going to do it no matter what i do. =) Still praying for your family. Taya

Anonymous said...

Kels, This is so precious. We continue to pray for Boo and family. Blessings! mama w

Anonymous said...

i wanted to add a p.s. One of my friends said she also knew all the answers to parenting. She married a widower w/3 little girls and she said that within a month she didn't even know the right questions, not to mention the answers. I think all moms can identify. mama w