Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Still doing well...

Boo continues to improve, praise God. I was able to spend some time with him today, and the first thing he said to me after hello was "Go get me a milkshake". So I took that as a good sign. Today was the first time I actually "lost it" since all of this began. Admittedly, it was difficult to see him in the condition he is in. There is just something about seeing the older brother that has always been my protector and so tough and strong on a hospital bed, hoked up to all sorts of machines and wires... it was hard. I have been holding all my emotions in, I think, trying to be strong for mom and dad and today, after seeing him, was my t ime to break down. I headed to the hospital chapel and someone had left open a Bible on the bench. It was opened to Psalm 42, and I read the following: "Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God I will praise him again--
my Savior and my God!" And I realized that was the only appropriate response- to praise my God and to place my hope in Him. It was a sweet moment with the Lord. But back to Boo now... The electrical activity in his brain has begun increasing since yesterday, and the doctors think it won't be long before he begins some seizure activity which is what we want at this point. His pain is managable and he is able to communicate well. MJ and I will be leaving tomorrow evening- hopefully he will be able to sleep on the plane since it is an evening flight. I thank you again for your prayers- we really feel the Lord's presence here. Love, Kels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kels, Thinking about you, MJ, your brother and family often. Good to hear the encouraging news. I will cont. to pray for healing for your brother and a good flight for you and The Man. I know this must be so hard for all of you. Keep your focus on the big picture and the One in charge. Love, Lisa.

Anonymous said...

Dear M,K, and MJ,

Please know that we continue to pray and thank God for His Sovereignty over all of you. God so loves Boo. What an amazing picture you all make of God's love to a dark world that needs to see graphic photos of I Cor. 13.

We love you too and are so excited for the Wilkenings to join you for a short celebration. Love, W.B. & Betty