Thursday, September 21, 2006

He's growing up!





My little boy is growing up. He still loves to play under his Einstein gym, only now he is actually grabbing at the toys that hang above his head- and he laughs at them.
We started him on rice cereal last weekend... no surprise, he loves it! Cries when I take it away. As if there was any doubt that this kid was going to be a good eater!
Do you see him all dressed and ready to watch a Cowboys game (thanks Drams for the quilt and Uncle John for the outfit and Abu for the paci!)? We watched the game at the home of another Cowboys-fanatic family, where promptly upon our arrival I was given a glimpse into my future. When we arrived, their 3 1/2 year old little girl was on the porch steps. I called out to her "Hello Ellie!" thinking that was her name. I was corrected instantaneously with this response, "My name is not Ellie. It's Little Roy!". Mind you, she was wearing Cowboys jersey #31- Roy Williams. When we entered the home, with everyone but me in their Cowboys gear, she asked me "Where's your Cowboys clothes?". I informed her that I was wearing Cowboys colors (navy and white) but that did not suffice! Welcome to my future in this Cowboys household.
Today we are looking foward to an overnight visit from Auntie Beck and Sam. I'm sure there will be pics to post later! We enjoyed a wonderful few days this last week with Abu while she was in town- we sure do miss her and Papa when they are gone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so darling! i love the photo of him in his cowboys gear. and that photo of him with his mouth open and smiling/laughing.... and i love that little SEAT he's using in the first photo.... GREAT PICs! thanks for the update(s). gotta get you into some more of these photos! guess your next gift for Mark should be a cowboys jersey for yourself! :) -tam

Anonymous said...

Oh my, these pictures just "make me smile". So would like give that little (not so little) guy huggies and kisses from his grammie and papa, but this is probably the next best thing to being there. We sure are not surprised he likes cereal. Maybe he will sleep a little better, or maybe not. Sure not going to guess that one. Love you bunches, mama w

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find the words to describe Markus' look in the pic with the Cowboys hat. The only one I can come up with is "sage" - his look says "My birth certificate may say I'm 5 months old, but I'm really 27 (years)." He's been like that since I met him in the hospital! I can't wait to see his personality in person.
Love, Meg

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Mark & Kelsey, I just want to say, nice work! Can't wait to see you soon. Miss you guys so much and I LOVE the pics of your baby. He's pretty much the cutest fan EVER!! Love ya lots,
Cami