Sunday, October 22, 2006

Embarrassing moment...

Those of you that know me know that I do quite a nice job at embarrassing myself on my own. Well, welcome to motherhood, where now my kid can embarrass me too! Today, after church, I was standing in the courtyard holding MJ and having a wonderful conversation with a member of our church whom I had JUST MET for the first time. We were enjoying getting to know one another when my son projectile vomitted everywhere. Not just anywhere, however, but all over this poor woman's jeans. Mind you, I was the one holding him. He missed himself, missed me, and nailed a complete stranger. I was mortified. I didn't even know what to say. Thankfully, she is a mother herself, and hopefully has empathy for spitty babies!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, motherhood! Remind me to tell you sometime what happened after we left your house a couple of weekends ago. To preserve the dignity of my family, I won't tell the story here...:) Suffice it to say, I understand!!! Love, Meg

Anonymous said...

priceless...don't you just love it?
Shell

Anonymous said...

this cracks me up... something to look forward to one day, eh? :) - tam

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how those "sweet, darling, and adorable babies can just bring us to our knees-in many ways and many times!! But it's worth it all!!! We love this blog-it keeps us "in the loop" for being so far away. Love you all so much, Mama W.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep this in mind next time I am standing close to someone holding an infant :)-kristy

Anonymous said...

Oh, cute markus. All i have to say is i'm pretty sure it happens to everyone. i'm not speaking from experience or anything!
Luv ya,
Cami