Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's 2:15 am...


and Markus is in the jumper. Seriously. We had a wonderful day in West Seattle with Boo and Katie today. Unfortunately, Markus bascially missed both of his naps and bedtime. You would think that would translate into a boy who would be so exhausted that he would sleep like a log once we got home... but I know better. When this kid misses his naps, it means he will have a horrible night. So here we are. He has been up since 12:30. Completely happy as long as the lights are on and we are reading books or playing. Every once in a while I catch him rubbing his eyes and I think it is time to try to sleep, but no dice. So I am letting him jump off this ridiculous energy he has right now in hopes that he will get completely worn out... And yes, I just took this photo. I guarantee I do not look as cute as him at this horrbile hour of the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! I hope you all get naps today.

Elissa said...

Oh, Kels! You're a great mommy. Naps for everyone does sound like a great idea. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

ah the little stinker! he just looks so happy and content in that little bouncy swing jumping thing. hope he fell asleep soon after you posted! love ya girl! - tam

Anonymous said...

Oh, Markus...I am such a bad auntie. With my profuse apologies to your mom, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this picture. How children can be so infuriatingly happy at such an obscene hour must be, I think, one manifestation of God's sense of humor. It's not nearly as funny when you're the mom, though. I guess now that I'm the auntie, I can just laugh...I'm laughing WITH you, of course...and believe me, I REMEMBER!!! There really will come a day when they sleep ALL NIGHT or READ when they're awake in the night. REALLY. Love you all, Meg