Thursday, August 23, 2007

Startin' him young




I have had a headache for 5 days. Tylenol won't touch it. Can't take anything other than that. So this morning, I decided to try a shot of the old standby- caffeine. I typically avoid caffeine during pregnancy, but I was desperate today. Thus, the advent of the coffee date for Markus and mommy. We sat outside where I enjoyed my drink and Markus enjoyed his even more. He looked like such a big boy, sitting in a regular chair, slurping out of a straw and smiling at every car that went by (we were seated in drive-thru view). I didn't have my camera, so I got these shots of him continuing to enjoy his leftover beverage this afternoon before nap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't look now, but I think your boy thinks he's all grown up! What a cutie. :) But did the caffeine help your headache? Take care, Meg

Ross and Taya said...

You're right, he does look older! And yes, we do start them young. Thanks to Ross, Isaiah can identify Starbucks signs anywhere with an enthusiastic "mmmm...coffee!"

Anonymous said...

Did the caffine help? One of the o.b. guys here told his wife to have a "teeny bit" for the headaches, but he is death on sugar. love you, mama w