Sunday, December 16, 2007

Busy Weekend

This weekend was our big Christmas concert weekend at church. The weekend consisted of the concert and a dessert on Friday evening plus two more performances during regular service times today. Mark put together an amazing presentation that included congregational singing, choir music, some special music numbers, great narration, a video and a devotional by our pastor. It was awesome. Not only was the truth of Christmas presented clearly and beautifully through the music and spoken word but it was a presentation that also focused on the idea of worship and rejoicing throughout this wonderful season of advent. I was blessed to be able to sing on an ensemble for one song as well as sing a duet with Mark. My whole family came today which is always a treat, as well as our dear friends John and Mona from Lynden. We hosted a brunch over here after church for everyone and had a great time. Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and cooking in preparation for the brunch today and also had a MOPS table get together at Barnes for coffee last evening. It was a great weekend, but one that was way too busy for even me. I am glad that it is Sunday night and I can curl up on the couch for awhile and turn in early! I'll post some pics soon of Markus and Katie playing over here today- they were both all over their Abu (who has been on vacation for the last two weeks) and were so excited to play with her again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I have to say I am curious too as to what the "H" stands for.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there too. Miss you bunches!! Mama W. Oh, we are all guessing what H stands for!