Thursday, December 13, 2007

Words

I wanted to jot down (more for myself than anything) Markus' current vocabulary. He seems to be adding words daily. It's so fun to hear him start to really identify things and communicate! So off the top of my head: mama, dada, papa, abu, vroom (car), moo (cow), meow (cat), the piggy sound (you just have to hear it- it's a riot), tractor, bear, cracker, cheese, church, amen, hot cocoa, hot dog (that was added today while we enjoyed a super healthy Costco lunch), hi, dog, his version of woof (again, so cute), bird, home, apple, remote, romo, baa (sheep), baby, hiss (snake sound), shoes, boots (says it when mommy puts on her Uggs)... that's all I can come up with right now, but I'm sure I will think of more later. He also is becoming a little champ at signing thank you when given something. A woman at Costco today who was talking to us while we ate our lunch gave him a penny (sweet lady- but a penny to a 20 month old?) and he immediately signed thank you. I was a proud mama! And because no post is complete without a picture, I give you our son who somedays pretends he is from the Ozarks.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Get that kid some braces!!! But really, isn't it a hoot when they start talking more and more - a whole new world opens up for both of you. Enjoy!

other account said...

Greetings from the land of the Ozarks, you did hear that the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas, right? Otherwise it would have been called a teethbrush. Anyways, adorable pics. We're just curious, what does the "h" stand for in your new blog address? I guess it could stand for "her" but that doesn't fit with the m-k-m theme...

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. That picture is a surpise! Pray his teeth REALLY won't look like that, right? Love you!!! Mama W.