Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008


Mark asked me yesterday if I had any New Year's goals/resolutions. My response? Survive. And hopefully sleep at some point :). Seriously, it's hard for me to set any concrete goals for the upcoming year as I know our whole world will be turned upside down in a matter of weeks (yes, weeks). I have no idea what life will bring as we had a completely new person to our team. But I don't want to go through the year completely unfocused, either. So I think if I have any sort of goal it would be to GROW. Grow in my relationship with Christ. Grow in my relationship with Mark. Grow in my understanding of who I am and who I am becoming (after all, 2008 is the year I turn 3-0). Grow as a mama. Grow as a friend. Grow as a neighbor. Grow as a servant. Grow as a daughter and sister. Sure, there's no way to measure this, which technically doesn't make it a goal. But it's my focus for the year 2008. Hopefully at the end of 2008, I will be able to look back at the many different facets of my life and say that in each I am somehow better. Somehow improved. Somehow changed.

1 comment:

Megan said...

A lot of times "surviving" and "growing" turn out to be the same thing. Love you, Meg