Tuesday, January 08, 2008

God's Word

I am so thankful for God's Word. In a season of parenting that has been bringing some significant challenges, I am so thankful that I have His Word to turn to and be refreshed and encouraged through. While I was reading today, I stopped to pray. I begged God for wisdom. As I continued in the reading plan I was using, this is what I discovered (from Prov 2):
6For(A) the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7he stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
he is(B) a shield to those who(C) walk in integrity,
8guarding the paths of justice
and(D) watching over the way of his(E) saints.
9(F) Then you will understand(G) righteousness and justice
and equity, every good path;
10for wisdom will come into your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11(H) discretion will(I) watch over you,
understanding will guard you,
12delivering you from the way of evil...
What a gracious God.

And here's a photo, just for good measure.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that passage. Will be praying for and with you. E-mail me if you need anything.