Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good morning



When I awoke this morning, I was not looking forward to my day at all. First of all, another night of really crummy sleep, and I was up at 5 am with no hopes of going back to bed. My day is so full today that I know there is no chance for a nap today either, so that is always a bummer. I got ready and came downstairs, grabbed a bowl of cereal, and sat down to have my quiet time. And the Lord completely changed my perspective on my day. He reminded me, again, that He always goes before me. That He has never failed me before, and will never do so in the future. That as long as my eyes are focused upon Him, I will not be dismayed. That He is the Great Physician. That His Word is true and alive and life-giving and worth all of my attention and heart. That I am not alone. That He is my Provider.

That, my friends, makes for a good morning (and this picture of my sweet boy doesn't hurt either :) ).

1 comment:

Megan said...

Amen.