Thursday, February 07, 2008

Checking in

Time for an update from mommy! Mark has been doing a fantastic job keeping the blog updated and flooded with pictures of our newest blessing, Halle Joy. We have Markus home with us, and I must say, it seems like we have always been a family of four. It feels so natural, so right. Markus has blown me away with how well he has done with her so far. Sure, he's only been around her for 24 hours, but all he has wanted to do thus far is kiss her and hug her and touch her. If anything, he's a little too affectionate! He's teething right now and she is not a big fan of his wet, drooly kisses on her face. So we are working on kisses on her head, which seem to satisfy both of them. Mark and I are adjusting well too, I think. There are plenty of adjustments to be made to go from one kid to two, but at least we already have the newborn learning curve under our belt. I feel so much more confident as I care for Halle than I did for Markus in those first few weeks. I don't find myself second guessing, and I am even willing to let her cry and fuss (oh my!) for the greater good of my boys, knowing that she will be fine and her needs will eventually be met. Physically I am feeling well, except the fact that I have a nasty SI joint (hip/low back area) sprain which is making getting around quite difficult. I am so thankful for church provided dinners, for Mark being home another week and a half and having a boy who can go up and down the stairs by himself, as I am not allowed to carry him right now. We are so thankful for all of the support we have received in this first week from my family and are so excited to see so many new people checking up on us through our blog. We covet your prayers as we continue to adjust and learn and grow now as a team of 4!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are going well. I love seeing the pictures and reading the updates. Thanks for letting us be a part of your family. Many prayers being sent your way. Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

We are confident you and Mark are and will continue to be great parents. And defineatly we will pray for you all. Much love, Grammie and Papa

other account said...

Praise God that things are going so well - what an answer to prayer! Can't wait to meet your sweet little girl. =)

Megan said...

I remember feeling like the transition from 1 kid to 2 was pretty smooth for us too. Like you said, it's wonderful to go through those first weeks with more confidence than the first time! Plus, with one kid, you're busy 100% of the time anyway, so what's one more?!