Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I wanted to post a picture of Markus looking super handsome in his Easter duds, but after I put him in said clothes I decided he needed a little rest time. I'm thinking he has another ear infection, and he's been acting pretty tired this morning, so I'm going to see if he can get a short nap in before church this morning. Halle is asleep in her swing right now, Mark is already halfway into the first of three services this morning, and I have a few moments of quiet.

We have been reading "The Easter Story" to Markus lately at bedtime. He loves it. He always asks for the Jesus book when we are getting ready for bed. When we get to the part that says "Jesus is alive!" Markus claps his hands and shouts out an exuberant "Yeah!". As I sit here thinking about what Easter means to me, I can't help but think of his exuberance. And my lack thereof so often. As a committed lover of Jesus Christ, the excitement surrounding His resurrection should permeate every part of my existence. It is because He is alive that I can choose joy in all circumstances. It is because He is alive that I can choose patience in the everyday moments. It is because He is alive that I can love my children and my husband sacrificially. It is because He is alive that I can sing through the tears. It is because He is alive that I can know with every fiber of my being that I will live forever. That is worth all the exuberance that I can give. And should give. Not just on Easter Sunday, but everyday. He is worth it.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Don't you wish it could be so clear every moment of every day. (sigh) That's why heaven's going to be SOOOOOO GREAT! Love to all.