Monday, April 07, 2008

You are two

Dear Markus Jaden,

Today you are two. I cannot believe you have been in my life for two years now. As a wise friend of ours posted on their blog once, the days have seemed long but the years have gone by so fast.

You delight my heart each and everyday. You are extremely others-oriented and have a tender spirit. When others are crying or upset, you share in their pain and often cry too. You are at a loss when others are down. When we are in public places, you will often find the one person that really doesn't seem to want to notice you (often someone that seems a little downtrodden) and you will do everything you can with your charm to get them to see you and smile. You love your little sister more than I ever imagined you would. You hold her hand, give her kisses and stroke her cheeks. You wanted her to lay on your pillow with you this morning- and the smiles when you laid down next to her on both your faces would have lit up the darkest of rooms. You have an incredibly special relationship with your beloved "Dita" (Abuelita). You keep her going. It's one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. You love animals, and talk about them constantly throughout the day. Whenever there is music playing, you dance, clap, spin and/or shake your little body right along with it. You love to play the piano and the "drums" (bang your hands on anything you possibly can, or better yet, bang two things together). You always remind us to pray before meals. Your favorite books right now are about some of your favorite things: "Is Your Mama a Llama?", "My Daddy and I", "Noah's Ark" and "The Easter Story". You know that Jesus washed the disciples feet, and that He prayed in a garden. You know even before I ask you to that we need to pray to ask Jesus to forgive you for your naughties when you disobey. You hate the doctor's office, and scream "all done" the entire time we are there. There are so many people that love you. If you could be anywhere, it would be outside- preferably running on the grass, playing at the park or blowing bubbles. You are all boy. You are an observer- you take everything in that is going on around you, process it, and then make your decisions. You have a memory that blows my mind. You love The Wiggle and Mickey Mouse. If you could eat fruit for every meal, you would. You love to put money in your piggy. You have the most contagious and precious laugh. It is music to my ears.

Markus, my sweet boy, I love you. You are my joy and the best gift God could have ever given me. It is an absolute privilege to be your mommy.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Megan said...

I can't BELIEVE your darling boy is TWO!!! He's exactly how I pictured him to be from that very first day I met him in the hospital. The blessings for you and him go both ways. Happy 2 MJ! You're in our hearts even though you have NO CLUE who we are. :) Lots of love from all the Clays.