Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My awesome boy





Just some funnies to record...

* We recently went to my neice's baptism at a Catholic church in Seattle. Upon seeing the lifesize Jesus on the cross, Markus leaned over and asked "Who's that guy?". I responded, "That's Jesus". Markus' response... "Jesus has owies!".
* Markus was fascinated with the font at the church where the girls were baptized (at one point I thought he was going to dive in). The next morning, as we headed to our church, Markus asked "Can we go to the wet church again?".
* Upon leaving childcare at church yesterday, Markus said bye to the workers (Mimi, Poppy and Miss Jilly). He then shouted out "Bye kids!" to the rest of the children waiting to be picked up.
* Today in the car he asked me where Uncle Mark was.
* While praying at dinner the other night, Markus prayed the following prayer completely unprompted and on his own "Dear Jesus, help me to obey. Thank you for Abu, Dita, Papa, Daddy, corn, chicken, fork, milk. I love you Jesus. Amen."
* While at the pool the other day, Markus walked right over to a woman and said "Hey, how's it going?".

3 comments:

Megan said...

If I were you, I'd be really concerned about making sure Markus gets socialized...sounds like he's pretty shy. HaHa! Verbal and outgoing...who'dve thunk it?!

The Tulloss Family said...

I just love kids this age. They say the greatest things!

Anonymous said...

Markus is no longer a baby!!! He is definately turned into a toddler boy, huh? Those pictures totally capture that!
Shelly