Tuesday, August 26, 2008

He melts me

I had a great day with my kiddos today (the 5-6 pm hour was a nightmare, but we'll forget about that for now). Halle Joy passed out around 6:15 which left some good evening time for Markus and I to be together. Since I didn't eat dinner with Markus (see note about 5-6 hour above) I made myself a quick quesadilla while we were playing. He claimed he was still hungry (after 1 cup of corn, a hot dog, a yogurt, half an apple and some peach cobbler with ice cream) and he parked on the floor with me and we shared my "dilla", played with toys and colored. There really wasn't anything exciting about our time together, but for some reason my heart was just super tender towards him and I was overwhelmed with love and appreciation for him. I could not stop hugging and kissing him- and he was eating it up. It was just a simple, precious time. After he was tucked in bed and our books were read, I asked him if he wanted to pray. Usually we talk about what we can pray for, and Mark and I have been talking a lot about things that we can be thankful for with him when we say nighttime prayers. He is "coached" quite a bit through his nighttime prayers. But tonight, after I asked him if he wanted to pray, he launched into his own, totally unprompted prayer- "Dear Jesus, thank you for going outside to play today. Thank you for fun with mommy. I love you Jesus. Amen.". And that my friends, is what being a mommy is all about.

2 comments:

The Tulloss Family said...

Soooo true!

Megan said...

I totally know what you mean. There are times when the littlest things feel absolutely sacred. Good stuff!