Monday, October 08, 2007

Mom of the Year...

Just in case anyone was curious, I am still in the running for mom of the year. Here's the story. We use a booster seat with a tray for Markus instead of a high chair. We love it. The best part is, it's portable. So we took it to Abu and Papa's yesterday so MJ would have somewhere to enjoy his meals while we were there for the day. This morning, I heated up some leftover pancakes for the kiddos (we are currently watching Ellie, our friends' 4 year old for five days) and sat MJ in his wonderful booster seat, being sure to buckle him in and secure his tray. I turned around to set down Ellie's plate and I heard the crash and the scream. And the tears. I turned to look and there was Markus, faceplanted on the floor with the seat on top. You see, those seats are great as long as you remember to strap them back on the chair after you take them someplace else. Which, obviously, I forgot to do. I picked up Markus and the seat to find the front of his place totally bloody. He had a bloody nose, a fat lip (which was also bleeding) and the beginnings already of a bruise on his forehead. Definitely one of my more stellar moments, don't ya think? Please don't call CPS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just feel like a schmuck when those things happen?! I don't know how many times I hit my kids' heads on the doorframe of the car when taking them out of their seats (amongst other things). Nate also broke his collarbone falling out of a chair when I turned away for .0005 seconds. Thank the Lord they live through our deficiencies, and mostly don't remember such events!!! Love ya, Meg

Anonymous said...

You might have a rivel for mom of the year...When Emilie was about Markus' age, she also fell/climbed out of her highchair and I didn't take her into the dr until the following day when we found out she had fractured her arm. Oh how small we feel sometimes. Congratulations on the upcoming baby girl! BTW how about those cowboys last night? They sure eeked that one out! I'm sure Mark is ecstatic! Have a good week, Corey

Anonymous said...

i'll never tell - i'm sure it's bound to happen to me soon enough! you're a good mom, despite such a mishap! - tam