Monday, October 15, 2007

My goal...

apparently with this pregnancy is to visit labor and delivery as many times as I did with Markus before I actually delivered (which was three). Today was trip #2... and I am only 23 weeks. I took a nasty fall on the wood floor last night. Was immediately in pain on the left side of my abdomen (and my knee :) ). Waited an hour and a half to feel baby move again. Scary. But baby kept moving throughout the evening so I thought we were in the clear. Until this morning when I started cramping and getting stabbing pains. I called my OB and her nurse told me to come in. Mark, Markus and I headed out to the office, only for her to tell me that I should have in fact gone to the hospital (last night!) and not her office. So off to labor and delivery we went where I spent the day strapped to monitors and had an ultrasound. Baby girl is fine, I am fine, and the cramping is subsiding. We were sent home with instructions to return if the pain increases, there is bleeding, etc. The best part of the day- when I got to see my baby girl (and I had the tech double check to make sure she is in fact a girl) sucking her thumb on the ultrasound. So cute. Soon I will upload pics of our fun times at the pumpkin patch this past weekend with Boo, Dawn, Katie and my mom. Meanwhile, I am going to eat some cereal and head to bed and get the rest the OB nurse told me I need to get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys take care, OK. Glad everything's looking fine. Love ya, Meg