Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's official...

I can now go into labor. Baby H's room is completely done, including all the washing and folding and organizing of her newborn-3 month clothing (so much pink :) ). Her hospital bag is packed. My hospital bag is packed, except for some last minute toiletries to throw in and the camera. The bassinet is put together and space has been cleared out in our room for it (now I just need Mark to carry it up the stairs). My upstairs has been vaccumed. The wood floors downstairs have been swept and mopped. The refrigerator has been purged and cleaned. The bathrooms have all been given a good once over. The kitchen is clean. Homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (my favorite cookie, in case anyone ever needs to know) are in the freezer. Overdue thank you notes have been written. I saved Mark's favorite new sweatshirt that I thought I had ruined (thank God for Oxiclean). And I only have one cute shirt left.

And just because this blows my mind that this is where we were almost exactly one year ago, a photo.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

wow. i'm tired after simply READING your list of accomplishments. if baby h takes her sweet time to arrive, feel free to come to my house for some more "nesting!" i'm praying for you and your family, sweet friend. and i'm praying for a healthy baby h with an early and *easy* (as easy as labor can be, you know) arrival. love you!

Anonymous said...

If all that doesn't "encourage" baby H to make her appearance, try eating at McDonald's (beginning of Cami & Sean's labors) or cleaning your oven (Cami's). And you've already tried the "having an extremely sick kid" approach (Nate), so I guess that one didn't work. :) Soon - that's all I can promise you, honey. Love ya, Megs

Anonymous said...

It won't be long now. We are praying for a healthy and safe labor and arrival of baby H and that even if you don't get sleep, you can feel rested. love you bunches! Grammie