Monday, January 28, 2008

When it rains...

it pours, doesn't it? After my week last week, I was really petitioning the Lord for a brand new start on Sunday morning. Not so much. Markus had developed quite the junky cough over the previous two days, so we decided to stay home from church. We both took a good, long morning nap, which was really nice. When Mark got home from church I left to go visit my dad for a few hours. We had a nice visit and it was great to see him doing so well. I returned home and Mark left for a meeting at church. When it came time for Markus to go to bed, I noticed he felt a little warm. I took his temp- 99. No biggie. A little Tylenol and off to bed. But he wasn't having it, which is unusual. I ended up laying with him for 45 minutes until he fell asleep. I did some minimal picking up around the house, Mark came home with ice cream (thank you!) and then we went to bed. At 11 pm Markus woke up and the cry was totally unusual. I went in to check on him, picked him up, and realized he was shaking uncontrollably and burning up. I knew it was the chills, but he had never had them before and they were fierce. Pretty soon his breathing became very labored- around 50 breaths per minute, and the shaking was getting worse. I called the consulting nurse and she told me to take him in right away. Meanwhile, he started coughing so bad he threw up all over Mark. We got him cleaned up and bundled and headed off to Mary Bridge. After about 4 hours, a chest x-ray, a bunch of Pedialyte and Tylenol we were sent home. A virus. But his fever had spiked from 100 to above 104 in less than two hours, which explained the breathing and shakes. As we were leaving the hospital, we walked right by the entrance to Labor and Delivery. It was everything I could do to not just walk in there and beg them to induce me right then and there. It had already been an insane 5 days, why not add one more thing? Needless to say, I am feeling a little (understatement) drained right now and wondering how God is going to prepare me to deliver a baby in the coming weeks. But I know that He is faithful and that His timing is perfect. I am clinging to that tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! Hugs to all. Meg

Kathy in WA said...

Kelsey - I'm so sorry to hear Markus was sick. Poor little guy! And poor tired mom.

If you change your mind about Wednesday, let me know. We can handle a fussy boy if you need a little break.

Duckabush Blog

Kath

Anonymous said...

We love you and continue to pray. After you get through some of these kind of times, you wonder how in the world did we do it, and it is only through God. We continue to pray. He is keeping us dependant. Love you bunches, Mama W.