Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So far, so good

It's day two of Daddy back to work. So far, things have gone about as smoothly as possible. Yesterday, I managed to get two loads of laundry done, a batch of muffins made for MOPS today, shower and get ready and feed both the kiddos breakfast and lunch and whatever the other meals Halle eats in between are called- and then get them both down for naps at the same time! It was wonderful. Today, we were dressed, ready and fed and out the door for MOPS (muffins were packed in the car the night before) with enough time for me to stop and get a coffee. When we returned home from MOPS, we had a quick lunch, and then naps at the same time again! We then ventured out to Babies R Us, then a quick stop at the park. Markus and I had some great mommy and Markus time while Halle was sacked out in her carseat. We went up and down the slides next to one another, and Markus held my hand each time. It was precious. Home for dinner (without Mark), some playtime, and then Halle in bed around 6:15 and Markus down at 6:30. I know you all don't need to know all these details, but I want them recorded so I can look back on the days that don't go so well and be reminded that there are good days possible! I read this verse as part of my quiet time today, and I think it is very apropos-
23The(S) steps of a man are(T) established by the LORD,
when he delights in his way;
24(U) though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong,
for the LORD(V) upholds his hand.
The Lord has definitely upheld my hand during the last few weeks, and especially these last two days. I am so thankful that He walks beside, in front of, and behind me.

1 comment:

Megan said...

WOW! You young moms are a lot more outgoing than I was when my babies were little. It seems like it was all I could do just to keep everybody dressed, fed and clean. Sometimes "dressed" meant that no one was naked...pj's all day or something. Good for you for tackling things. :) Happy mom-of-two-ing.