Saturday, January 24, 2009

I love him

Markus makes me laugh so much. Somedays he makes me cry, too, but mostly he makes me laugh. Here's some more recent funnies...
1. I made cupcakes last night for Halle Joy's birthday party (we are having family over and a couple close friends to celebrate early as we will be in Iowa for her birthday). Markus, of course, wanted one. I told him that he could have one the next day when we celebrated Halle Joy's birthday. When he woke up this morning, he asked me if it was Halle Joy's birthday yet. More than once.
2. To continue with the cupcakes... he was eyeing them again this afternoon, and again asked if he could have one. I told him he would have to wait until we sang Halle Joy "Happy Birthday". He promptly started singing, and sang "Happy Birthday" in it's entirety to Halle Joy.
3. We were looking at "The Barnyard Dance" book before bed a few nights ago. On one page you can only see the bottom half of the horses. He said "Mommy, can you ask those horses to jump down so I can see the rest of them please?"
4. Yesterday, out of nowhere, he came up to me and said "I love my sister Mommy."
5. A few days ago, he was in the car with Mark. Mark turned at a stoplight- the only time we ever turn at this particular stoplight on our way home is if we are getting coffee. You can't even see the Starbucks from there. But right as Mark turned, Markus piped up "Who wants coffee Daddy?"
6. Today, I told him it was time for nap. He said, "I'll go lay down in my bed, close the door and turn the light off all by myself for nap." And he did! He totally put himself to bed. I went to check on him after about 30 min and he was snuggled under his comforter, sound machine on, lights off, fast asleep.

1 comment:

Megan said...

A rich age, indeed! Best wishes on your trip to IA.